About Safavieh rugs
Safavieh rugs is one of the biggest decor brands in the United States today, offering some of the most exquisite high quality interior decor items in the country. However, achieving this status and mastering the art of interior decor has been a long journey for the brand.
Safavieh rugs was founded in 1914 by Kazem Yaraghi in the Persian city of Isfahan in Iran. The city in particular, is recognized to have flourished in numerous art forms during the reign of the Safavid dynasty (1501–1736). The brand Safavieh itself was named as a tribute to the dynasty and the founders took the legacy forward by producing antique Persian designs for the world.
In 1951, Hamid Yaraghi joined his father and started working on the carpet brand Safavieh. At this point, no one had imagined Safavieh would turn out to be such a huge company. In 1978, Arash and Cyrus Yaraghi launched a Safavieh showroom in New York, and since then there has been no turning back. Soon the Yaraghi family emigrated to the US and set up shop there permanently.
By1984, the brand had gained enough popularity to launch a Persian carpet gallery on 59th Street and Third Avenue in New York City. Nearly 10 years later, their success was etched in stone with the opening of the total home furniture gallery in Stamford, Comm.Today Safavieh is the largest seller of fine furniture in the New York area, with 10 stores.
If this doesn’t impress you, there’s more that speaks of the brand’s popularity and high-end products. Safavieh has launched a pillow collection, indoor rugs, outdoor rugs, home furnishing, mattresses, lamps and more! The brand has reached such popularity in America today that Safavieh is not just recognized as a successful interior designing company, Safavieh is a way of life.
Interesting facts about Safavieh rugs
- The Safavieh Sultanabad rug collection was selected for the redesign of Gracie Mansion for Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Safavieh launched a Martha Stewart Rugs collection.
- Safavieh was ranked as the ‘Best supplier of antique and reproduction rugs’ by House &Garden magazine after a survey with 20,000 interior designers.
- Safavieh joined hands with Ralph Lauren in 2011 for a rug licensing program.
- The brand joined Sustainable Home Furnishings Council to support green design.
- Safavieh has some of the most softest and unique rugs available in the market.
Styles of rugs offered by Safavieh
Antique, Bohemian, Contemporary, Country and floral, Kids collection, Solid and tonal, Shag and Flokati, Traditional, Transitional.