History of Milliken
Milliken was founded in 1865 in the United Stated by Seth Milliken and William Deering – it was called the Deering Milliken Company. Over the years, the company expanded and the first textile mill with air-conditioning was built in 1944 in South Carolina. Since then, the brand launched several products including stretch women’s hosiery and self-ironing fabric. In 1968, the firm acquired Callaway Mills and entered the carpet market. The name ‘Milliken’ was officially launched in 1971 and has now been creating beautiful rugs for over 150 years.
Apart from rugs that are used in homes, Milliken also offers items for commercial businesses and offices. The brand is known for producing sophisticated products that add a touch of class to any space they are placed in. Milliken’s strength lies in their creative amalgamation of sober colors that offer a pristine finish to the interior décor of an abode. Environmentally aware, innovative, and modern, rugs by Milliken are one of the best rug brands available in the market.
Fun facts about Milliken
- Milliken rugs come with a 5-year stain and soil-resistance protection and a 10-year warranty.
- In October 2020, Milliken provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) reusable fabric gowns to teachers and faculty. The brand started manufacturing the PPE suits in April.
- In March 2020, Milliken produced medical products like scrubs and lab coats to help fight the coronavirus crisis.
- In 2019, Milliken joined the United Nations Global Compact initiative.
- The brand was named the ‘2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies’ by Ethisphere Institute.
- Milliken was included in the 2017 America’s Safest Companies List and was the first to be added to America’s Safest Companies Hall of Fame.
- Milliken is a part of the “No Carpet to Landfill Pledge”
Rug collections by Milliken
- Color thesis collection
- Imagine Figurative rug collection
- Obex collection
- Modern Times collection