History of American Dakota
American Dakota Textiles is a brand that offers magnificent rugs like no other! The unique selling point of American Dakota has always been the out-of-the-box designs that the company brings to the table. However, applying such creativity to creating rugs is not easy and takes years of experience and an innovative mind.
Headed by Mark Ford, the brand was established in 2009. Ford had been designing rugs since he was 15 but this was not the profession he wanted to pursue for the rest of his life - fate on the other hand had something else in store for him. The founder of the brand studied Fine Arts in College and pursued different jobs for a few years. When he became unemployed in 2009, he decided to go back to what he was best at and formed American Dakota Textiles. Today, the company creates some of the finest rugs and the most unconventional designs found in the US.
Made on American machines, the brand has a great reputation in the market and is known to endure great wear and tear. This means rugs from American Dakota are an investment and can actually be passed down from generation to generation. The rugs are also fade resistant and clean easily with water.
The designs of American Dakota continue to bring something new to the table with the collection launched every year as the founder often partners up with international as well as native American artists. Since Mark Ford is also a champion for numerous social causes, he ensures the profits are divided equally with the designer. This initiative in effect, ensures each designer working for American Dakota contributes their best ideas to the assortment.
Fun facts about American Dakota
- American Dakota rugs are made from high-quality nylon.
- The environmentally conscious brand is CRI certified and takes all required essential steps to eliminate waste.
- Since 1999, the company has not contributed to any landfill surplus.
- The color palette used by American Dakota includes earthy hues found in mountainous regions.
- American Dakota often partners with companies to hand-deliver warm blankets to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation community.
- American Dakota also participates in numerous sponsorship programs and believes strongly in working on charitable causes.
Types of rugs
American Dakota offers different types of rugs with intriguing designs. Some of the interesting collections include:
- National Park
- The designer collection
- Collaborations with Native American artists
- Cabin collection
- Randy L. Barton collection
- Off the grid
- Robert Caine collection