About Amer Rugs
One of the leading interior brands in the world providing high-end products every year, Amer Rugs was launched in 1986. The brainchild of Mahesh Choudhary, the brand was initially just a handful of employees who worked together day and night to create exquisite rug designs that changed the way oriental rugs were seen globally.
Today, the brand Amer Rugs is synonymous with quality and creativity. Recognized by many interior designers as a label that is more of a fashion statement, Amer rugs is trusted for its exquisite craftsmanship and the positive impact it is making in the global market. The company boasts of over 10,0000 employees across the globe and has showrooms in Atlanta, Las Vegas and Jaipur.
Amer Rugs was also granted the ISO 9001:2008 certification, as well as the prestigious SA8000 certification which is awarded for adopting quality and social standards in the workplace. What makes Amer Rugs different from the rest of the brands in the market is the fact that the company doesn’t solely focus on creating beautiful and well-crafted rugs, it also ensures the work it does benefits the society in some way.
Fun facts about Amer Rugs
- - In 2019, Amer rugs was chosen for the Best of Norcross Award in the Carpet and Rug Manufacturers category. The award program picks brands based on quality.
- The America’s Magnificent Carpet Award went to Amer Rugs in 2019 for their machine-made Hamilton rug collection.
- Amer rugs set up the Saraswatii Global Foundation in 2012 to create livelihood for the rural population in India. The NGO focuses on turning artisans into entrepreneurs.
- Women empowerment is one of the goals of the Saraswatii Global Foundation.
- Each item from the Amer rugs collection has a story since it is created by craftsmen and artisans belonging to the rural regions of India.
- The traditional Bristol collection of the brand is hand-knotted with raw hand-spun wool.
Styles of rugs offered by Amer Rugs
Flat weave, hand-knotted, hand woven, shag, multi-purpose